Friday, January 15, 2010

Hope I Die Before I Get Old



Mom was moved to a nursing home this week. This came as a result of her cracking her pelvic bone in two places last week. I know this is NOT what she wanted. She was a patient of this nursing home a few years ago and she told me that she would rather die than have to go back to this place. They say she is only going there for physical therapy and will get to go back home when she is able to walk again. But she told me that she wouldn't be going back home. I hope that was the enormous amount of pain medication she was taking at the time talking to me and not Mom.

I vowed that she would never have to be in a nursing home, but she doesn't want to move here. Maybe she'll change her mind. I hope so. We'll be traveleing to visit her in a few weeks. I hope she will be much better by then.

Not being able to see her and know how she's doing is so difficult. She has always been there when I needed her. Now that she needs me, I'm not able to be there and that hurts.

1 comment:

  1. Awe Mel -- that is so difficult. My mom spent her last few years in a nursing home, as is my favorite aunt now. It is difficult. I do understand, and am always here for you -- if you should ever need me.

    ReplyDelete